Our commitment to occupational health and safety is second to none
Safety as our top priority. Everything we do revolves around it. All our staff attend regular updates and training on occupational health and safety policies and procedures and industry standards. We conduct daily safety meetings before any work begins on-site. The leading hand or supervisor conducts a thorough safety analysis to ensure that work is carried out with a focus on zero harm to our crew, customers and the property. We have a Quality Assurance Policy in place and conform to Australian Standards, as well as having our own Environmental Policy and Traffic Management Plan.
Allround’s management is firmly committed to all work activities being carried out safely. We take all possible measures to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations. Our team is dedicated to ensuring compliance with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995, the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 1997 and all other relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice. In demonstration of our commitment, all staff are regularly attend mandatory training and updates. This helps to ensure that skills and information are always current.
Each employee has an obligation to:
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary.
- Comply with any direction given by management in relation to health and safety
- Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others or damage to plant and equipment
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others
- Report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor, crew leader, or site manager
- Not misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interest of health and safety
- Report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
Management will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- Information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each employee is safe from injury and risks to health
- A commitment to consult and co-operate with employees in all matters relating to health and safety
- A commitment to continually improve our performance in effective safety management
- Plant, equipment and substances in safe working condition
- Facilities required for the health and welfare of employees
- A safe working environment with safe systems of work
Application of this policy
We seek the co-operation of all employees, customers and visitors. We encourage suggestions that will help us to realise our occupational health and safety objectives. These are to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate. Our policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those both on work premises and on all work site locations.